Bonjour, faithful readers. I’m so embarrassed. Have you missed me? I’ve missed you!
The last month has been a busy one for Her Side, culminating in being away with limited internet access for the past week-and-a-half, and a nightmare return transatlantic flight in which we flew around the volcanic ash that is wreaking havoc over the ocean. But I’m back, and no more excuses. While I recover from jet lag and get back on track, here are a few tidbits to keep you occupied.
- What the National Park Service is doing about the Gulf oil spill, information about the resources and areas threatened, and what you can do to help.
- Are you into flowers? Take this current National Parks Traveler quiz on flowers in the National Parks.
- An interesting article on the necessity and/or wisdom of publicity for the National Park System.
- A set of truly spectacular photos of the Oregon Coast Trail by Dressed in Dirt.
- Win a hiking whistle by subscribing to Hiking Lady’s newsletter before May 31.
In the coming weeks: gear and food reviews, the completion of the Rule and the Good Stuff, and the unveiling of a new and exciting project…
© Her Side of the Mountain, 2010.